Travelling in the UK and enjoy good food and drink?
Are you planning to travel in Britain? Great food and drink always makes a holiday, doesn't it? So whether you’re a visitor to the UK or just having a holiday at home, you’re sure to want to find the best places to eat and drink. And you won’t want to waste any of your precious time searching for them. You’ll also want to see the sights, explore – and perhaps find out more about Britain’s distinctive culinary heritage.
So get a real taste of Britain with one of these relaxing food and drink tours. They’re not just culinary trails, they’re also designed to help you discover hidden corners of England, Scotland and Wales. These gastronomic tours will, of course, take you to great places to eat like Michelin starred restaurants, country house hotels, trendy pubs and traditional tea rooms. But they’ll also introduce you to organic food producers, award winning wineries and famous distilleries. They’ll take you to markets in the heart of London – as well as to farm shops that are well off the beaten track.
Go at your own pace
You can follow these food and drink tours at your own pace, or pick out specific attractions to visit during your holiday. Or, if you prefer, you can use these trails to create your own culinary itineraries – a wine tour perhaps, or a cheese trail.
At uk-food-drink-travel.com, which is written by award-winning UK based travel writers, you can also find out about the best British cooking schools, upcoming food festivals and culinary traditions. You can research your route, find out where to stay, the places you can see and the books you’ll want to read.
So whether you want to meet a cheese maker in Wales, tour a vineyard in Kent, taste malt whisky in Scotland or find the best fish and chips, join us in this culinary journey of Britain. It will help you make the most of your holiday in the UK.
We're still adding pages to this site, so bookmark it and keep coming back.
- Culinary Tours in England
- Culinary tours are a great way to explore England. Here are some suggestions.
- Culinary Tours across Scotland
- These culinary tours of Scotland show you where you can taste malt whisky, sip country wines and find the best restaurants.
- Culinary Tours in Wales
- Discover hidden corners of Wales, - and meet organic food producers, on these culinary tours
- Day Trips from London
- Taking day trips from London is a great way to make the most of a holiday in the UK. Here are just some of the places you can reach by train.
- Where to Stay in the UK
- Where to Stay in the UK: suggestions for the culinary traveller seeking luxury hotels, historic inns, bed and breakfast accommodation and more.
- Drinks Tours in Britain
- There are plenty of enjoyable drinks tours in the UK. You will find wineries in England, whisky distilleries in Scotland, cider-specialists - and even vodka makers.
- Discover the Best UK Pubs
- UK pubs with good food, real ales and a great atmosphere are a must on any culinary tour.
- Great British Food
- There is far more to British food than fish and chips. Find out about everything from gourmet restaurants to regional specialities.
- Traditional British Recipes
- Here is a selection of traditional British recipes, so you can enjoy some old fashioned favourites at home.
- Cooking Schools in the UK
- If you want to learn about the best of British food, there are plenty of classes at cooking schools in the UK.
- Food Festivals in the UK
- You can taste the best of British at these UK food festivals.
- Best Books on Food, Drink and Travel in the UK
- Reviews of books on eating, drinking and travelling in the UK, including restaurant and pub guides, touring and hotel guides - even cookery books.
- Traditional Welsh Food
- Welsh food includes top quality beef and seafood, as well as more unusual dishes like laverbread.
- Bake a Battenberg Cake
- If you want to know how to bake a Battenberg cake, check out this recipe.
- Afternoon Tea in London
- Afternoon tea in London is more popular than ever, but where can you find the best? And how much should you expect to pay?
- Recipe for Cornish Pasties
- If you want to make traditional Cornish pasties at home, try this recipe from celebrity chef Gordon Ramsay.
- Places to Stay in Scotland: Castles, Cottages and Golfing Resorts
- Whether you want a castle, a golf resort or a cosy cottage, you will find great places to stay in Scotland.